PDA

View Full Version : How can I have more than one Text User Input field on the same line (row) ?

tdnewb
03-21-2003, 01:28 PM
The User Input Panel in ISMP 5.0 gives the possiblity to edit the size of the field but not its position.
Do we have to write a custom bean as in ISMP 4.5x ?

Thanks.

MarloV
03-24-2003, 12:06 PM
The Spacing portion of the Layout Tab for the field enables you to add space *around* each field -- Above and/or below, to the left and/or right of. See if playing with those settings accomplishes the repositioning you need.

tdnewb
03-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I have already played with these settings : they allow the resize of the fields, but the position of the next field is always relative to the previous one so the fields are stacked up in the same column but can not be on the same row.

tdnewb
03-26-2003, 10:15 PM
I am ringing the bell again !
Is there a way to do it in ISMP 5.0 or writing custom bean is the way ?
Thanks.

Jeff Dillon
03-26-2003, 11:45 PM
It depends what you mean by "position".

The user input panel only allows to stack components vertically, yes. You can add spacing around a stacked component, but you can not specify absolute positionings without writing a custom panel.

tdnewb
03-27-2003, 01:09 PM
So, it is the confirmation of my impression that even with ISMP 5.0, using the standard User Input Wizards, we can not have fields side by side because they are all stacked up vertically and to get the kind of horizontal field positioning relative to each other, one needs to write custom beans.
Thank you, Jeff, for your reply anyway !