PDA

View Full Version : 18030-2000 support

Johannes John
03-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Hello,

my WindowsInstaller setup is running quit good on my XP with additional Simplified Chinese.

But my ISMP setup shows me only ???? chars.
Do I need the 18030-2000 add-on?
Or do I something wrong on creating my setup?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes

Jeff Dillon
03-18-2003, 09:49 AM
The first thing to ensure is that you are using an internationalized JVM and not an english only jvm.

ISMP JVM bundles with i18n support can be found at...

http://www.installshield.com/downloads/default.asp?pm=mpf&pver=All&gv=1&msxmlhidden=y&mt=jvm&Language=English&platform=Windows+i18n&mode=submit&x=55&y=13

MarloV
03-18-2003, 11:38 AM
In addition, the MultiPlatform User's Guide, Chapter 8.1 - Language Support - lists, by platform, any other add-ons you may need.

Johannes John
03-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Hello Jeff, hello Marlo,

thanks for your reply!
I've tested now with a i18n JVM bundle, but I still get the ??? and char boxes.

I'm testing on a german XP with a simplified chinese input support. Could it be, that the JVM is started in german because of the german OS language?
How to tell the JVM to start in chinese?

Because of that 18030-2000 information in chapter 8.1, I'm asking for that 18030-2000 support, especially for that XP add-on.
Is there a special 18030-2000 support, or which add-on is meant there in that article?

Thank in advance for any helpful information!
Johannes

MarloV
03-19-2003, 09:18 AM
You don't tell the JVM, you assign a locale to the Product or, if you are installing the product in more than one language, then each feature or component's locale needs to be set to their specific language.

If you want the Wizard to run in different languages, then you also need to set up the Language Support bean in the Build Tab appropriately. Please see the Language Support topic, which provides instructions for how to set up the Wizard to run in different languages.

As for the different platforms' add-ons, you need to obtain them from the vendors. We are not able to provide specific vendor information for each platform.

Hope this helps!