PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way of preventing a product from getting registered into the Add/remove

rsundaar
03-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Is there any way of preventing a product from getting registered into the Add/remove programs and registries?

We are installing multiple products - however, we want the user to see it as one product. Only one product in the Add/remove programs and registry.

Is there a way to accomplish this is Multiplatform 5.0?

Thanks,
Ravi.

Jeff Dillon
03-18-2003, 09:51 AM
When you create a native uninstall launcher, that automatically registers it in the add remove programs applet. So, the easiest way would to be to not create an uninstall launcher if you do not need one.

Jeff Morse
11-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Hello,

I'd like to *not* create an uninstall at all, i.e., I do not want the (default) _uninst directory created. The MP install I am creating places some files into a subdirectory of an existing install (for another product of ours). When that product is uninstalled the entire subdirectory gets removed so I don't have to worry about my files remaining behind.

Anyway, I guess I could simply add a wizard bean to remove the _uninst directory but I want to prevent the creation of the uninstaller entirely (and, especially, the status message that appears).

I saw another post in a "Suppress Uninstaller Creation" thread that mentioned the creation of an "Empty Wizard" project. How do I do that?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff