PDA

View Full Version : non-visible features not uninstalled?

tim.wall
03-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Is the default behavior for non-visible features to not be uninstalled? I have a non-visible feature that is never removed on uninstall. The docs don't say anything about side-effects of making a feature not visible.

MarloV
03-14-2003, 09:36 AM
Is that feature depended upon by another feature that was not selected for uninstall? The visibility property only determines what is available to be selected/deselected by the end user at runtime - It has no affect on whether it is uninstalled after it has been installed.

tim.wall
03-14-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm not aware of any dependencies (each of 3 features is a sibling). Basically the "feature" consists of a few html files which I want to always be installed. They are not otherwise linked to anything else; the other two features are automatically selected at install time, and there is no choice given at uninstall.

I expect everything to be uninstalled, but these files are always left behind.

MarloV
03-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Could you post a copy of your XML file? I have never seen this behaviour and would like to see what is causing this.

tim.wall
03-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Configuration file attached. Note that there is a custom "DeleteFiles" bean which I have inserted to ensure the files are removed. In its absence, the files are left behind.