PDA

View Full Version : User Input Panels & Suite Install

Terry R
03-06-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm almost done converting my projects over to ISMP 5.0.

Now I'm thinking that a Suite installer might be a good thing to combine these projects, as they're for the same overall product and they're finally using the same install technology.

However, from what I've read it would seem that I have to add all of the User Input panels to the Suite Install project, as well as have them all in the individual projects.

Since we have to reference the project xml file to combine these projects into the suite, why do I have to redo all that work?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks
--Terry

Jeff Dillon
03-06-2003, 07:34 PM
You do not have to readd the panels. Instead, you can use suite reference beans. Take a look at "Suite Wizard Bean Reference" and "Wizard Bean Reference" which can be inserted under the Installer tab.

Terry R
03-07-2003, 01:18 PM
...but doesn't that still mean adding one reference bean for each wizard panel I want to have show up in the suite install?

Can I reference sequences and have the entire sequence show up with a single reference?

The more I look at this, the less I like the idea of putting in all the work to create a suite install.

--Terry

agillis
03-11-2003, 11:34 AM
You can reference sequences. Use a Product Panel Selection
Reference in the suite. In the typical installs use setup type panel, and setup type sequence. Any bean under the setup type sequence will be displayed in the suite installer if that typical install is selected

jm_paulin
07-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi,

It seems for me that those only apply to Multiple-Installer Suite. Is there an equivalent for Single-Installer Suite?

Thanks

JM