PDA

View Full Version : FileExistWizardBeanCondition not working



Terry R
03-06-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm having one problem with my Multiplatform 5.0 evaluation and I was wondering it you could help me.

I'm trying to use the FileExistWizardBeanCondition and it doesn't appear to find the file that I'm looking for, even though I know the file exists on my machine.

The settings I am using are:
Evaluate: Must be met
Immutable: False
Path List: $D(lib)/inetsrv/w3svc.dll

I am also using an additionaly platform condition for Windows(All) and the operator AND.

Any ideas what I'm missing? I've tried changing the path seperator between / and \, but this didn't have an effect.

I've also tried the normalized option for the path list,
$N($D(lib)/inetsrv/w3svc.dll), but that hasn't helped either.

This was working with the Multiplatform 4.5.3 extras version of this class.

Thanks.
--Terry

agillis
03-06-2003, 02:52 PM
I would try and use an absolute path to start. Example c:\winnt\system\test.txt, this should at least tell you if it's something wrong with your path or something wrong with the bean.

Jeff Dillon
03-06-2003, 03:39 PM
My guess is that $D(lib) is not resolving to what you think it should be resolving to. I would add a Text Display panel and display the value $D(lib) to see what it is on your system.

I just tried the file exists condition with $D(lib) on windows and it worked for me.