PDA

View Full Version : error -1024

John McCallum
01-28-2003, 06:50 PM
When I build my release, I am getting error messages - "error -1024 File not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table" and the name of two files that were removed from a custom action and have been replaced with new files.

These error messages seem to be benign. I've closed everything down and started up again and there does not seem to be any reference to these files in the project any more. Am I missing something or is there a bug here?

I haven't tried deleting the custom actions and redoing them yet and the setup seems to run fine in spite of the error messages on build.

symp22
01-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I just ran into the same problem. I did a text search in the .ise file and the old paths where still in there. So it definitely seems to be a bug.

Anyone from InstallShield, please help!

I just finished a huge setup. Right now I'm using fake files (3 already) to avoid the errors but I need a fix real soon.

TIA

Jasper

Chandima
01-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Are these by any chance upgraded projects? Regardless, please send your .ise file's to chandimar@installshield.com along with the exact error message (so I know which file to remove) and I'll fix them for you. Thanks!

John McCallum
01-30-2003, 03:22 PM
I probably used a v. 3.03 setup as a template but all of the custom actions are new. That's the main reason, I upgraded to v. 4, to do custom actions with conditions.

symp22
01-30-2003, 03:32 PM
The project was created with Express 4.
Because John said that the setup seems to run fine I disabled the 'Stop build on first error' option and now I can build my setup again. So if this problem will be fixed in the next release it won't be needed to fix my ise file.