PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Reports 8.5 Merge Module

TDAustin
01-21-2003, 02:44 PM
The Crystal Reports merge module does not seem to include the file [Windows]\Crystal\p2soledb.dll which some of my reports need to run properly (otherwise, I get a "physical database not found" error). Once I copy that file to the folder, the reports work fine, but that file is NOT installed with the merge module, even with every option checked on the configuration wizard.

I've experienced this problem with both Express 3.5 and 4.0 ( but I assume they use the same merge module, so...)

Is this an oversight or is there some other problem? Is there a way to edit the supplied merge module to include this file? I've tried simply including the file as part of the setup (in addition to the merge module) but that doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

Mike Marino
01-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Adding p2soledb.dll to your setup will do the same thing as manually copying it to that location. You may want to make sure that the file has a COM setting of "Extract at Build". After you add this file to your project, you may also want to run the Static Scan wizard to see if p2soledb.dll may have any other dependencies.

Hope this helps

TDAustin
01-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Actually, I spoke too soon. I added the file in question, p2soledb.dll , to the setup in addition to using the CR merge module and that DOES seem to work. It would be nice, thought, to not have to worry about this (and nearly defeats the purpose of having a merge module; I was excited about being able to easily setup Crystal Reports after setting it up a few times using the Crystal help file and tracking down files).

Thanks for the response!

Chandima
01-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by TDAustin
I was excited about being able to easily setup Crystal Reports after setting it up a few times using the Crystal help file and tracking down files).

Please excuse my ignorance! Is there a Crystal help file that specifically says which components require which files or some kind of method of determinig the files you need? If so I would very much like to take a look at it so that we can minimize the response time to Crystal Reports merge module related issues. Thanks!

TDAustin
01-23-2003, 09:01 AM
Happy to help if I can, Chandima! You have been very helpful to me in the past and I'm happy to assist you in any way I can.

I can only speak to Crystal 8.5 because it is the only one I currently have installed, but the file I have used in the past is in the following location (of a default installation):

C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Developer Files\Help\runtime.hlp

Hope this is useful.

Chandima
01-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Wow thanks! I haven't got Crystal installed on any of my machines so could you send me that hlp file? Would realy appreciate it. My email is chandimar@installshield.com. Thanks again!!

PS: If this violates any copyrights or company policy or anything don't bother because I'm sure we have CR 8.5 floating around the office somewhere :).