PDA

View Full Version : Minor Upgrade: Q105223

dgpope
01-16-2003, 10:32 AM
I read the article for "Send a Minor Upgrade to an Existing Product Without Uninstalling/Reinstalling?"

The problem that I have with doing a "Minor Upgrade" is the article specifically says "Only the features that were installed originally by the end user when installing the main product will be installed. That is to say that if you add New Features to your package, they will not be installed and neither will the features that were not installed the first time."

If I choose to go the "Major Upgrade" route then it will uninstall and reinstall my application.

So here is my delimma... I want to be able to send my customers and "Upgrade" that will send them all the new enhancements along with some new features but PRESERVE a couple of very important database files. How is this done using Installshield Express 3.54 or any Installshield product?

Thanks,

David Pope

:(

Neeru
01-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Hello,

Express 4.0 has a new quick patch wizard, that allows you to send updates in the form of small patches to existing setups. It also allows you to install new files that were not originally installed with the setup. This sounds like it would be the best option for you. For more information on Express 4.0, please visit the following site: www.installshield.com/isx/ (http://www.installshield.com/isx/)

Thanks
Neeru