PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Express 3.5

Miguel Sarria
01-15-2003, 12:51 AM
I need assistance to include the MSVCR70.dll and MSVCP70.dll in the installation. These 2 DLLs need to install in the system folder of the OS.
I have a Visual FoxPro Application and it requieres this 2 DLLs.
Do you have any ideas?

Paul M.
01-15-2003, 08:54 AM
All you would need to do to include these files in the system folder is to go to the Files view. On the bottom half of the screen is the destination computers section, if you do a right click on the destination computer and select predefined folder and then select system folder this will expose the system folder for you. Now on the top half of the screen browse to the 2 dll's you want to include in this installation. you can now drag and drop them into the [SystemFolder]. This will make sure those 2 files are installed to the System folder. You can also right click on the files and set the properties for the files.

Miguel Sarria
01-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Thanks for your assistance, Paul Merritt,

My software set up has 2 areas of install and it is a Visual FoxPro application. The first is the Full application which includes the library for Visual FoxPro and DLLs. The second is a Users Setup which is only the VFP library and DLLs.

My question: How do I set up a selection so that after the IstallShields starts it gives the users 2 options: 1) Install Full Application, 2) Install User

Selection the 1) will run the Full setup, and selecting the 2) will only setup the users VFP library and DLLs.

Best regards, Miguel Sarria

Paul M.
01-16-2003, 08:12 AM
Unfortunately this functionality is not available in express. In express there is only functionality to set Installdir. You would have to implement this yourself using a custom made executable.

Miguel Sarria
01-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Which version do I need to upgrade to from Express 3.5 to have this option available?
Best regards, Miguel

Paul M.
01-16-2003, 09:09 AM
It is not available in any version of express. If you desire this type of functionality I would suggest using the developer product as it gives you a lot more freedom to do things like this.