PDA

View Full Version : Error 1907 with IntallShield Express 4.0

MichaelKatz
01-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Near the end up the setup, many of our users get error # 1907
about registering fonts. If the message is ignored the setup finishes fine. We do have a font named *.fnt and some files named *.uss which may be mistaken for font files. No font files are installed, thay are downloaded to the printer when necessary.

Any ideas?

Thank You
Michael
mkatzla@juno.com

Chandima
01-09-2003, 11:29 AM
This error seems to be happening because it's recognizing it as a font. My guess is that since your development machine recognizes these files as fonts, Express takes them as fonts. This populates the Fonts table of the msi. Since windows installer doesn't recognize these fonts it gives the error. Please send me you ise file to chandimar@installshield.com because I should be able to fix this for you. Thanks!

MichaelKatz
02-11-2003, 10:31 AM
I am not sure what you are trying to tell me. Where would I find the 'ise' file.

Michael Katz
Universal Software
410-358-8851

Chandima
02-11-2003, 06:57 PM
The .ise is your Express project file. Basically I am asking you to send me your Express project file.

MichaelKatz
02-11-2003, 08:01 PM
The ise file is being emailed to you. Please try to explain what you do as I have several similar projects and that may need some work.

Thank You,
Michael

asenthil_cs
04-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Hi Chandima,
I am using Dev 8.0. I need to install custom file *.ttf (not font file). I want to somehow tell windows installer tht this is not a font file.. how to do it.. Pls help me.

------------------------------
thanks
Senthil

MichaelKatz
04-02-2003, 12:17 PM
I have a similar problem with some *.DLL's. I distributed them as *.XXX and the first time the application was invoked, they were renamed.

Chandima
04-03-2003, 01:12 PM
asenthil_cs:

1. Open your project in Developer
2. Go to Direct Editor
3. Select Font Table
4. Remove the entry for the ttf file
5. Build and install

MichaelLatz:
When you launched your application, did the Windows Installer dialog pop up? I don't understand how they would get renamed though because the msi thinks they are .xxx files. Does your product call any of these files? Do you think Windows detects them as dll files and renames them?

MichaelKatz
04-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry for the confusion.

This is a trick I used when using Visual FoxPro. The setup program installed the Dll's on the Windows System folder of the client machine, even if the install folder was a network drive. When the app was run from another workstation, the libraries were not found. If the dll's were in the application folder, it worked fine. If I included them as dll's, it confused the setup.

The easiest way to get the files in the app folder without outside interference was to send them as *.xxx and the first time the app was invoked, (from the workstation that did the install), my program renamed them.

This is a sloppy, but for me, a very effective method.

Hope this explains it

Chandima
04-08-2003, 11:13 AM
If I included them as dll's, it confused the setup.

Does this happen when creating the setup with Express?

Also, now that you know how the files get renamed, is there still a problem? Do you want to get the .xxx files registered after install?

Slightly confused :)

MichaelKatz
04-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Dear Chandima,

Does this happen when creating the setup with Express?
No. But Express icludes them as Merge Modules, which defeats my purpose, because network installs have to have the dll's in the app folder and preferably the system folder too.

Also, now that you know how the files get renamed, is there still a problem? Do you want to get the .xxx files registered after install?
Things work fine now. I don't want the files registered. This whole process is to save my users the need to do an install on every workstation.

I seem to add more to the confusion every time I reply. If it will hekp, feel free to call me at 410-358-8851.

Michael