PDA

View Full Version : Web Deploy issues after upgrade to Ex-4

otivb64
01-08-2003, 01:26 PM
After upgrading to Express 4.00 I noticied the following issues with the web deployment build:

1) index.html (or whatever you choose, e.g. default.htm) contains a reference to the header graphic OCI_Header.jpg. As I'm running on a UNIX system there is an issue with the character case of this reference. The actual file is oci_header.jpg (all lower case)

2) On the "saving_running.htm" page the header bar graphic (oci_header.jpg) is incorrectly sized within the HTML causing the graphic to distort. However, it is referenced correctly, all lower case.

3) Within "saving_running.htm" there is a reference to bar_left.jpg which does not exist?

I've been manually editing the generated HTML file myself however it would be great if this could be fixed in an upcoming release. There were no issues in 3.53.

Thanks.

Chandima
01-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Another user actually poited this out to us a few weeks ago. We will be fixing it in a future service pack. In the meantime however to fix this:

1. Unzip the two attached htm files
2. Copy them to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Support
3. Rebuild

This should fix the problem. Please let me know.

otivb64
01-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Although I was unable to use the files you provided (contained some customer specific hard coding in the saving_running.htm), your message did lead me to the template files which I modified and corrected the issues.

Thanks for you help in this matter, again the quick response was much appreciated!

Find attached the generic modified files.

otivb64
12-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Will this minor issue ever be resolved? The reolution never came with any of the Express 4 service packs.

I recently upgraded to Express 5 and could not believe that this issue was still there.

I realize it's a simple fix to do on my own, however you have a world class quality product and this is something that has been broken for far too long (12 months)

Just thought you'd like to know that it has still not been resolved and perhaps you should mention this to the quality control group.