PDA

View Full Version : Condition fails to send message - File exists with a certain date

tradematrix
01-06-2003, 10:06 AM
We use the message condition - 'File exists with a certain date' for notifying any software updates.

We have found that 'a significant part' of our users have problems in getting software update messages. They just don't recieve these messages.

We have been using this condition for messages for the past 6 months and had problems very few times. Until recently this has escalated.

I have tested the messages with different conditions and on different machines and here is what i have found.

Condition...........................................Status
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Condition.....................................Works on all machines
Reg key exists ..................................Works on all machines
Reg key with certain value................Works on all machines
File exists/ does not exists
-> installed by product................Works on SOME machines
-> user file system......................Works on SOME machines
File exists with version......................Works on SOME machines

Chris Woerner
01-07-2003, 10:09 AM
As you might imagine, we are very interested in debugging this immediately. In all our test cases, the file conditions work without issue.

Can you please provide us with details to help us reproduce this problem? What is the pattern for when the conditions work and when they don't work?

PBedard
06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
I am having the same problem with these type of conditions. I was wondering if there are any known issues with these type of conditions (file exist / file with a certain date).

thanks,
Patrick

PBedard
06-17-2005, 01:43 PM
I finally got it to work. I don't know exactly what steps that I have done that made it work, but now it works...