PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change the order in which custom actions are performed?

Marshal
12-31-2002, 03:29 PM
When I create more then one custom action, I can't change the order in which they are performed. So if I need to add a new custom action and I need it to be performed first, I have to delete all the others and then remake them in the order I want them performed. Surely there is an easier way to change the order.

Mike Marino
01-02-2003, 12:39 PM
If you have several custom actions with the same "Invoke" setting, there is not way through the Express interface to change the order that your Custom Action Exectue in.

With that said, there is a way to do this using Orca. Open your .ISE file in ORCA, and go to the InstallExecuteSequence table. Look for your Custom actions (if you do not see then in this table, look in the InstallUISequence table, or the ControlEvent table). By changing the "Sequence" numbers of your custom actions you will be able to set the order they evecute in. If you find your custom actions in the ControlEvent table, you wil need to change the "Order" column to change their execution order. Lower numbers execute first.

Hope this helps

Marshal
01-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks Mike. This was a big help and solved my problem. I appreciate it.