PDA

View Full Version : Password Form Broken Again

mkennedy
12-30-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi guys,

I'm afraid that the error that was fixed in ISX 3.5 with the password dialog having bad password characters has resurfaced in ISX 4.0.

The password character should be a * (smooth round circle in XP). But on some systems (including mine) there is a | (thick vertical bar). This was fixed some time ago but is now back in ISX 4.0.

Let me know if there is a fix available for this.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Kennedy
United Binary - Unit Testing for .NET
http://www.unitedbinary.com

Chandima
01-06-2003, 04:23 PM
This has something to do with the default text we use. I'll forward this to the lead developer to see if he remembers how we fixed it.

mkennedy
01-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi Chandima,

I remember that there was a new Setup.exe we could download and replace the older Setup.exe used by ISX 3.54. But I didn't want to reuse that for 4.0 since I have no way of knowing what other changes the new Setup.exe has and I don't want to break the installer outright.

Keep me posted!

Thanks,
Michael

Chandima
01-06-2003, 05:14 PM
The developer just got back to me with the file. There is however a side effect on Win NT machines. That's why we had to take the fix out of Express 4.0. Basically on Win NT machines, 90% of the time the setup initialization dialog shows up in bolded text. There were one or two instances where the text showed as garbage (on NT). Attached is the updated file. Give it a try and let me know if it fixes the issue.

mkennedy
01-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.