PDA

View Full Version : Alias path destination(BDE Merge)

lynnmorrison
12-29-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi, how do you set up a destination path for an alias in the BDE merge module configuration?

I use the wizard to setup the BDE merge module, go to the edit configuration section, see that my alias is indeed on the drop down list, but only see an memo box below with a couple of parameters, but not a destination directory for the target machine...

Any help would be appreciated ...

thanks

Chandima
01-06-2003, 04:04 PM
The behavior you describe is in the Wizard you see in Express right? You are NOT talking about what you see when you run your setup and then launch the BDE Administrator?

The configuration utility that launches when you press "Launch" on the BDE Wizard is a Borland file. I have noticed that it doesn't let you edit existing alias's. You have to create a new one and give all the properties and valueas. Let me know if I am way off the mark here.

lynnmorrison
01-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Yes, this is in Express...

I can launch the merge module config and I can put in settings. I put in "PATH=[INSTALLDIR]" and still the end user has to go in manually and set the path to the alias...

The alias IS indeed place into their BDE configs but not the path...

I don't get it. Borland is hush hush abou it, so it makes it difficult...

Thanks for the reply!

Chandima
01-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Oh I see now. Actually this should work. It was one of our new features in Express 3.53.

Try using something like [ProgramFilesFolder] instead (just to make sure it's working).

Then try the following (that's what I always test with):
1. Launch BDE Wizard
2. Create a new Ini file
3. Press "Launch"
4. Press "Add"
5. Set Alias name to "Express"
6. Select INTRBASE from the drop down on the right
7. Press the "Defaults" button
8. Set the value of "SCHEMA CACHE DIR" to "[INSTALLDIR]\Test"
9. Build and install