PDA

View Full Version : Single file deployment

lynnmorrison
12-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Hi, me again... :)

I notice that if I am using the BDE merge module, I must not compress the files during the complation. This is ok for me, but now I notice that I get many files plus a few subdirs when I go to use 'Distribute your Release'. This makes me have to zip up the files and subdirs instead of the single file installation I wished to use....

Is there a way to have compression turned off and still have a Single Image release?

Thanks...

wallywojo
12-30-2002, 04:49 PM
What can be done is to take all the contents of Disk 1 and compress using Package for the Web to create the single file for distribution. You can get Package for the Web free under the downloads area of the Installshield website.

lynnmorrison
12-30-2002, 05:46 PM
thank you, this works great...

Its a shame that this cannot be done directly from IS. In version 2.13 I had this functionality, don't know why they stopped doing that... :)

Thanks again!!

lynnmorrison
01-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Now I am getting errors from people using Win2K service pak 3, saying that it cannot extract to an invalid dir.

It is trying to place files into your "Documents and Settings\username\blah blah\Temp" folder, but for some reason , not everyone 'has' such a folder...

Is there another tool perhaps?

Chandima
01-06-2003, 04:48 PM
This is most probably because of a setting in the "Package For The Web" project. Open this project and DESELECT the "Delete files after installation completes" option. Rebuild. This should fix the problem.