PDA

View Full Version : Force Overwrite

JPScerri
12-26-2002, 12:30 PM
How can I make InstallShield Express 4.0 force ALL files to Overwrite, regardless of the Version or Date.

Paul M.
12-26-2002, 03:53 PM
The only way to force MSI to always overwrite is to manipulate the property REINSTALLMODE. By Default the property is set to omus, which tells the installer to use file versioning rules. There are several more options available. I would suggest looking at the help document titled "REINSTALLMODE Property" as this will give you more options that you would want to consider.

JPScerri
12-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Thanks Paul

But where do I have to set the Property Value, in the 'Project -> Settings -> Command Line Arguments' or in a 'User Defined Action', so that it is only chenged when the program is Upgrading an existing installation?

Thanks

JP

Paul M.
12-27-2002, 08:08 AM
You can do it in either location. If you want to change the value for every installation then you can change the property in the command line. If you only want this to happen during an upgrade then you can do this in a custom action. It is entirely up to you to decide when and where you want to change this property.