PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error - 1014

ambilio
12-19-2002, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I keep getting the following error when I try to recompile a version of our installable (using Express 4.0):

ISEXP :
fatal error -1014: Cannot rename directory C:\{...}\Express\SingleImage to C:\{...}\Express\SingleImage.Bak.

Windows Explorer or a DOS prompt may be pointing to a subfolder of the release output folder (Disk1) or to the Interm folder, locking it. Change the current directory. Close any open files in the Disk1 folder. Close Msidb.exe if it is open.

Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Usually, if I'm unable to delete the '.bak' folder, I have to reboot
my computer. Is this a bug? If so when will it be fixed? I do not have Windows Explorer or a DOS prompt pointing to the subfolder. However, when I try to click on the '.bak' folder with the mouse I get a "Access is denied" message box.

I looked at the kb 1014 error code and I went through all the
recommendations but still to no avail. This isn't the only project this has happened in. Will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Shimon

Mike Marino
12-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Something on you computer has locked the folder InstallShield Express is try to backup the current release to. Try the following:

1. Close the Express IDE
2. Browse to the location of your project:

...\My Documents\MySetups\Your Project Name-7\Express\

3. Look for a folder name ending in .Bak. Delete this folder. If you cannot delete it, you may have to log off the computer, log back on then delete it.

4. Open Express and try to rebuild.

Hope this helps,
Mike Marino