PDA

View Full Version : How to uninstall VBScript Custom Action?

geoffcox
12-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Hello,

After much effort - with some excellent help from Chandima - I have got a VBscript Custom Action working ! It creates a desktop shortcut to run a Java program.

Next problem! How do I remove it as part of the uninstall process? The file is a lnk file...

Cheers

Geoff

TsungH
12-16-2002, 04:55 AM
You will need to create another CA to remove the shortcut. I haven't got a chance to use Express 4. I did a quick research on it, Express does not have "Complete Windows Installer (MSI) table editor".

geoffcox
12-16-2002, 10:57 AM
Tsung

thanks for info - I guess the Complete Windows Installer etc comes with the Professional version?

Geoff

Originally posted by TsungH
You will need to create another CA to remove the shortcut. I haven't got a chance to use Express 4. I did a quick research on it, Express does not have "Complete Windows Installer (MSI) table editor".

Mike Marino
12-19-2002, 05:57 PM
Create another Custom Action to remove the shortcut. Make sure you set "Execute" property of the Custom Action to "During Uninstallation", and Set Invoke to "After Setup Progress dialog"

Hope this helps,
Mike Marino

geoffcox
12-20-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Mike Marino
Create another Custom Action to remove the shortcut. Make sure you set "Execute" property of the Custom Action to "During Uninstallation", and Set Invoke to "After Setup Progress dialog"

Mike,

if this is a VBScript - what is the way to find the shortcut, which is applicable to all the different Windows OSs?

Geoff

Hope this helps,
Mike Marino