PDA

View Full Version : shortcut target problem?

geoffcox
12-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I am not able to enter a path to a file which will be installed as part of the package into the TARGET box! Surely I should be able to hard code a path and file?

Cannot place the mouse cursor in the box..

Geoff

Chandima
12-13-2002, 10:34 AM
This is if you are creating a a "Normal" or "Advertised" shortcut. This is because we want to make sure you create shortcuts only to files that exist in your project. To do what you want to do, try creating a new "Shortcut to Pre-existing File". On the resulting dialog select [WindowsFolder] and then type the FileName as Notepad.exe and press OK. After that you can manually edit the target property.

geoffcox
12-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Chandima,

have followed your suggestion below but still cannot manually edit the Target box data! How do I do this? Cannot get the mouse cursor into the box...

Cheers

Geoff

Originally posted by Chandima
This is if you are creating a a "Normal" or "Advertised" shortcut. This is because we want to make sure you create shortcuts only to files that exist in your project. To do what you want to do, try creating a new "Shortcut to Pre-existing File". On the resulting dialog select [WindowsFolder] and then type the FileName as Notepad.exe and press OK. After that you can manually edit the target property.

Chandima
12-13-2002, 12:31 PM
See my reply to your other post. I have a sample project in it which will hopefully shed some light.