PDA

View Full Version : Silent Install with custom actions

cawms33
12-11-2002, 01:28 PM
I need to have the ability to run a silent install for my product that includes running other 3rd party installers. I've created 2 custom actions that call the other installer programs. Both actions are invoked after the setup complete dialog. This works great when I run the GUI install. However, silent install doesn't call the custom actions because of the invoke option I've selected. Is there another way I can configure this so the silent install will run my custom actions?

Chandima
12-12-2002, 11:25 AM
These are exe custom actions right? If so, for them to work in silent mode you have to sequence them so that they are not associated with a dialog. In other words try any of the following locations:

- After File Transfer
- After COM Registration
- After Register Product

I reccomend the last because that's pretty much after the setup is done with all the file copying and registering.

cawms33
12-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Thank you Chandima. I've already tried #1 and #2 recommendations and they do not give me the results I'm expecting. I receive an error that another install process is in progress. I'll try your last recommendation and see if that works for me. Thank you for your help.

r_keith_hill
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
This recommendation does not work on ISE 12. I put custom actions in "After Register Product" and they get executed before the files have been copied to the install dir.