PDA

View Full Version : CD Browser

geppo12
12-10-2002, 08:27 PM
In new feature i red 'DemoShield CD Browser - Use a wizard to create a basic CD browser for installation CDs', so i think tere is a semplified version of Demoshield in the CD. I found only a trial version. I do not think that the feature list is correct: a trial copy is not a new feature

Ing Giuseppe Monteleone

Chandima
12-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Agreed because that is NOT the support we were tlaking about :). The new feature is that Express comes with a few customizable demoshield templates. To access this feature:

1. Go to "Build Your Release" view (in Express)
2. Select the CDROM media type
3. Right click on the Media Type and select "Demoshield Browser Wizard"

This will launch the wizard. Alternatively you can also launch the wizard from the Project menu. Please note that these options are not enabled for SingleImage and WebDeployment media. Once you have configured it through the wizard, build the media and run.

Hope this explains the feature.

geppo12
12-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Thanks a lot. Really the wizard is very very simple.
Another thing: when the edit controls are empty in the "contact Us" menu there are the default strings....

I think could be better have a little bit control about display or not "Contat Us" menu could be usefull

Thanks

Chandima
12-12-2002, 02:55 PM
Whoops, you'r right! I created Work Order 1-C2R05 to address this (default strings showing even if you delete them).

I am assuming that this feature will evolve over the next few releases. This has been in InstallShield Developer for close to a year now and we haven't had even half the amount of feedback that we have from Express 4 (just 3 weeks!). I will create a feature request work order with your suggestions.