PDA

View Full Version : error 1606 ?

geoffcox
12-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Hello,

have just seen an "error 1606 could not access network location JRE"....??

JRE is the name of a Custom Action - to run the installation of a Java Runtime Environment self extracting exe. In fact this had already taken place before the above error message appeared!

This happened when I installed from a CD under Windows XP Home. Works fine under Windows 98 (SE)...

ideas please?!

Cheers

Geoff

Chandima
12-10-2002, 11:44 AM
1. Go to General Information View
2. Select INSTALLDIR property
3. Launch the "Directory Browse Dialog" from it
4. Look at the root level folders and see if there is a folder named [JRE].
5. If there is one, delete it and hit cancel (otherwise it'll reset your INSTALLDIR value).
6. Build and install

Does it work now?

rtdees
06-05-2003, 09:20 AM
I got this error and found that when looking at the General Page, that my "upgrade code" had "disappeared", and would not stay when edited...

I used the "..." to examine the InstallDir settings, and noticed that at the bottom of the list was my upgrade code, with a "Directory Identifer" of "UpgradeCode". I selected the folder icon with my "upgrade code" and hit delete.

Reselected my proper install directory, and pressed OK.

The General Page then returned to it's correct state, the package built and ran clean.

This scenario was created by building a clean setup, running it, finding a bug in a VBScript file (which I edited away), then reopened and rebuilt the setup. I made NO changes to the setup, only a close, reopen, rebuild...

Chandima
06-06-2003, 03:35 PM
That is a first! I have seen Express do some rather disturbing things but this is the wierdest by far.