PDA

View Full Version : Almost everything OK

StephanS
12-09-2002, 04:57 AM
Hello,

Install Shield Express 4 is a great product. All my IS Express 3.53 projects were correctly converted. All my custom actions run fine. But I still have some questions:

-1) Why are the shortcuts to my products not removed from the target machine when the customer uninstalls the program?

-2) Why are the *.exe files not removed from the target machine when uninstalling the program? These *.exe are not set as "PERMANENT".

-3) When I try to execute a VBS file, IS Express 4 alwas returns an error. Do I have to specify a "Function name" for each VBScript or is this optionnal? If yes, what is a function name for a script?

Thanks in advance for your help

Stephan

Chandima
12-09-2002, 02:31 PM
1. Please send me your .ise file to chandimar@installshield.com. This could be because a certain table is not populated correctly. I can fix this for you.

2. Are the exe file's "Shared" properties set? Try the following:
- Launch Regedit
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
- Delete entries for the exe files that are not getting uninstalled
- Manuall delete the files left behind form that system
- Install and uninstall

Does this now successfully uninstall the files?

3. Did this VBScript work properly in Express 3.53? This error usually if there are problems with the VBScript. Once of the most comon things I've noticed is that Windows Installer doesn't like the following statement:

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Using the following instead fixes the problem:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")