PDA

View Full Version : ISE 4 = 48 Hours of Living Hell

lemuel
11-30-2002, 12:30 PM
This product is not ready for prime time as near as I can tell.

1. Converting 3.53 project results in INSTALLDIR problems peripherially addressed in Q107491. In my case attempting to delete the DIRPROPERTY1 results in the creation of a spurious directory DIRPROPERTY2 and causes an attempted build to crash with a fatal erro 66XX I think. I can't reproduce it because I have uninstalled ISE4 in an attempt to get some work done but I remember thinking of the mark of the beast when I saw it.

2. 1911 Could not register type library error on installing the package to two test machines. The error references the DAO350.DLL and says to call tech support. Well I AM tech support and I don't know what the hell is going on.

Un-installing ISE 4.0 and Re-installing 3.53 (Another mini saga in its own right) has fixed the problem.

My project requires mfcans32.dll which you used to support with the mfcans32.msm. It be gone as near as I can tell.

This pig is off my system. It has put me 48 hours behind on a hard deadline.

The concept of being able to produce an upgrade installation duped me into shelling out dollars for this upgrade. This will also have to be hand written.

Your company has made me very sad.