PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error -6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build setup for objects.

mmrsoft
11-29-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I have converted from Installshield Express 3.5 to 4.0. My project converted without error. When I attempted to build I received the following error:

Media table successfully built
ISEXP : fatal error -6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build setup for objects.
Express\CD_ROM - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I use the Merge Module BDE_ENT. Unlike others, I DO NOT use any Access Modules.

In addition, when you "Right Click" to "Change Object Settings", nothing happens. No dialog pops up...nothing, so there is no way to setup an alias.

Also, when you deselect the BDE for the project, the Installshield project still loads the BDE as if it was selected. As a matter of fact, once you have associated the BDE, you can never get rid of it. I know this because I ran a test by adding the BDE_END Merge Module to a project that did not need it, and now I can't make it go away.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks,

Frank

Chandima
12-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Please send me your ise file to chandimar@installshield.com so that I can take a look at it. Send me the the project with the unwanted BDE module as well. I should be able to remove it and see if there is anything in particular that keeps it from getting removed. Thanks!

mmrsoft
12-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Hi,

I just sent you file. You should have it by now. Please tell me what to do next.

Thanks,

Frank:)

Chandima
12-03-2002, 12:38 PM
For anyone else, it was because there was some Access 2000 properties left behind (not the users fault). If you are experiencing this problem please send me your ise file and I'll fix it immediately (chandimar@installshield.com).