PDA

View Full Version : Forced MDAC Versions

wengert
11-29-2002, 09:10 AM
I ran the MDAC configuration and associated DAO360 and Jet40 with the mdac27.msm file. When I open a project that has DAO360 checked, MDAC25 is checked (grayed backgroind). I cannot clear the check mark on MDAC25. Same for Jet40 and MDAC26. How can I clear mdac25 and mdac26?

Chandima
12-02-2002, 05:52 PM
Is this a project that was upgraded from a previous release?
What happens if you uncheck and recheck the DAO360 and Jet40 modules?
What happens if you create a new project and add these two modules?

wengert
12-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Yes, this is an upgrade from a 3.54 project. If I uncheck Jet40 or DAO36 I can then uncheck MDAC25 and MDAC26 but they get checked again as soon as I re-check Jet40 and DAO360?

I'll try a new project and let you know what happens with that.

wengert
12-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Hmmmm... not going the way I had hoped.

I built a new project for one of my apps and ran the VB6 scan and then a dynamic scan. The results of the scans were MDAC25 and the IS OLEDB 2.1 merge module.

If I check Jet 4.0, MDAC26 also gets checked (with a grayed background)

But... when I build the project I get the following errors:

Loading File table
Building File table
Merging modules...
ISEXP : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency DCOM95.6FC97963_2511_11D4_BB8A_00C04F20D375:0 of \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\MDAC25.Msm
ISEXP : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency COMCAT.3207D1B0_80E5_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0 of \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\OLEDB21.msm
ISEXP : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency COMDLG32.576D64B0_7413_11D2_B954_006097C4DE24:0 of \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\OLEDB21.msm
ISEXP : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency DCOM95.6FC97963_2511_11D4_BB8A_00C04F20D375:0 of \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\OLEDB21.msm
ISEXP : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency MSVCRT.51D569E0_8A28_11D2_B962_006097C4DE24:0 of \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\OLEDB21.msm
ISEXP : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency OLEAUT32.8C0C59A0_7DC8_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0 of \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\OLEDB21.msm
Merging MDAC 2.5 Sp2 (English): \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\MDAC25.Msm
Merging InstallShield Merge Module for OLE DB 2.1: \Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Objects\OLEDB21.msm
File table successfully built

wengert
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
I went back through the entire build log and found a lot of warnings such as those shown below. In looking at the Files listing, ISX put a copy of several files (e.g. CRVIEWER1, FPSPR30, etc) in both the Install directory and the system directory?

========= sample of warnings ==============
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRField.CRField conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRField.CRField dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRField.CRField.1 conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRField.CRField.1 dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRFields.CRFields conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRFields.CRFields dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRFields.CRFields.1 conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRFields.CRFields.1 dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRVEventInfo.CRVEventInfo conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRVEventInfo.CRVEventInfo dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRVEventInfo.CRVEventInfo.1 conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRVEventInfo.CRVEventInfo.1 dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRViewer.CRViewer conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRViewer.CRViewer dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRViewer.CRViewer.8.0 conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRViewer.CRViewer.8.0 dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRVTrackCursorInfo.CRVTrackCursorInfo conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRVTrackCursorInfo.CRVTrackCursorInfo dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId CRVTrackCursorInfo.CRVTrackCursorInfo.1 conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId CRVTrackCursorInfo.CRVTrackCursorInfo.1 dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId ReportSourceRouter.ReportSourceRouter conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId ReportSourceRouter.ReportSourceRouter dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId ReportSourceRouter.ReportSourceRouter.1 conflicts with static data associated with component CRVIEWER1. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId ReportSourceRouter.ReportSourceRouter.1 dynamically acquired for component CRVIEWER1
New ProgId FPSpreadADO.fpSpread.2 dynamically acquired for component FPSPR30
New ProgId PVADO.PvCtrl.1 dynamically acquired for component FPSPR30
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId FPSpreadADO.fpSpread.2 conflicts with static data associated with component FPSPR301. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId FPSpreadADO.fpSpread.2 dynamically acquired for component FPSPR301
ISEXP : warning -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId PVADO.PvCtrl.1 conflicts with static data associated with component FPSPR301. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId PVADO.PvCtrl.1 dynamically acquired for component FPSPR301

Chandima
12-03-2002, 12:37 PM
Hmmm... Very very strange.

From what I gather, it looks like the Jet 4.0 and Dao 360 objects are not pointing at MDAC 2.7. Somehow the configuration utility seems to have failed. Try it one more time and then create a new project and add these Jet and DAO and see if they pick the right one.

The error -4072 is very strange. I attribute it to the new merge modules view. Please send me the .ise project that causes this and I'll take a look (chandimar@installshield.com).

The -4350 warnings are happening because you have the same files in two different locations and they are both set to Extract COM information. The warnings say it's replacing the same data. However the problem is why have it in two places. I am pretty sure this has something to do with the scanners. Did you add all the files (including CRVIEWER1 and FPSPR30) to INSTALLDIR and then scan? If so then the scanner picked them as dependencies and added them to the System Folder (which is bad).

wengert
12-03-2002, 05:45 PM
When I run the configuration it says they both are pointing ti MDAC27. What I did notice - at least on the 2 I tried - if you create a new project based on a VB6 app, it always selects MDAC25 with a grayed background on the check box. (My VB apps all use ADO 2.7, not 2.5?)

Rgearding the duplicate files - yes, I created the project as a VB import and then ran a dynamic scan. It looks like the VB import puts those files in the INSTALLDIR and the Dynamic Scan puts them in the System folder?

Chandima
12-03-2002, 06:58 PM
The VB Scan pulling in MDAC 2.5 is by design. Before 3.54, if you did a scan of this file it would either directly add the individual MDAC files (which caused so many problems) or not add the file at all (because it's in the list of files to filter). In almost 75% of the cases taking the MDAC file out and using the merge module fixed the problem. So with 3.54 we created an ini file which maps MDAC files to an MDAC module. Currently we map to MDAC 2.5 because it has the least system requirement and has the Jet drivers as well (unlike MDAC 26 and 27). To workaround this, just rename the attached file to .ini and drop it in to the Express Support folder. Now if a scanner finds any MDAC files, it will pick up MDAC 27.

For the scanner issue, do a search of the files that have duplicates. Do they appear on your machine in more than one location?