PDA

View Full Version : re compression with v4?

geoffcox
11-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Hello,

I read the other day on the IS site something about better compression algorithm with v4 but cannot now find the item...

At the moment our own files, a mixture of Java class files, html, txt and .exe files take up about 5MB and the instmsia.exe and instmsiw.exe files together take up about 3MB.

Which files would be made smaller by this improved compression? How much smaller would they be?

Cheers

Geoff

MarcoHeineck
11-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Hello Geoff,

I think you are talking about the 'optimise for media size' option in the release settings.
It's reduced my latest installation package by 20%, but I believe that this really depends on the type of files in your installation.

Regards,
Marco

geoffcox
12-04-2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by MarcoHeineck
Hello Geoff,

I think you are talking about the 'optimise for media size' option in the release settings.
It's reduced my latest installation package by 20%, but I believe that this really depends on the type of files in your installation.

Regards,
Marco

Marco,

thanks for the info.

Cheers

Geoff

geoffcox
12-04-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by MarcoHeineck
Hello Geoff,

Regards,
Marco

Marco,

thanks for the info.

Cheers

Geoff