PDA

View Full Version : Configurate the internet page for updates

jens_holtsmark
11-22-2002, 05:21 AM
I would like to have a Danish version of the update page on the internet. I have the West Language Pack.

Is that possible?

I can see a default company icon on the page. How can I insert my own logo on the page?

Best regards
Jens Holtsmark

Chris Woerner
11-22-2002, 09:54 AM
In answer to your questions....

1. The company logo is set on the "company" tab of the Update Service website. After you login, go the company tab. You will able to upload your company logo.

2. Unfortunately, we don't have an international version of the Update Service runtime available. For the Update Service, we will need to do two things to provide international support...

- translate our runtime strings
- provide you way to enter messages in multiple languages

This feature is on our development feature list.

hlogmans
12-04-2002, 05:25 AM
Hope it is high on the list....

barkin
12-31-2002, 10:33 AM
I am also waiting for a translation of your update service...

hlogmans
01-03-2003, 05:08 AM
[- provide you way to enter messages in multiple languages

This feature is on our development feature list. [/B]

Not neccesary for me, and I think it will have a lot of development time. My primary goal is to have pages in dutch, and I really don't care if someone from elsewhere would get dutch language too. This way you only have to add a default UI language in product or company properties.

Chris Woerner
01-03-2003, 10:33 AM
I think that I understand your point. You are saying that we would provide the Update Service runtime where the ISUS stings are in 30 lanuguages, but your message strings are in any ONE language. So if you sell your product primarily into one country, everthing would be fine. Later we could add the ability to enter messages in different languages.

Thoughts on this idea from others? This would shorten our development, but would it give you enough functionality to be helpful?

hlogmans
01-09-2003, 05:54 AM
for me it does. The sooner the better...

symp22
01-09-2003, 07:09 AM
We are also waiting on a Dutch version of the update service. When can we expect this update?

jens_holtsmark
01-09-2003, 07:17 AM
For now, this would also solve my problem. My customer and I are looking forward to any solution that could show a site with danish text.