PDA

View Full Version : How to get download size of an update

Shawn Warren
11-05-2002, 12:36 PM
Our software is for visually impaired. Providing our own program interface is required. I'm successfully using the AutoUpdate. However, there is one snag. I can't figure out how to get the size of the download so that the user can decide to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. What is AppView? Could it help?

Sub AppView(ProductCode As String, Version As String, [RunType As RunType = AppStart], [nExtraInfo As Long])
Member of DWUpdateServiceLib.Agent
method AppView

Thanks,

Shawn

Chris Woerner
11-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi Shawn,

Unfortunately, we don't have a way for you to get the download size. Using GetMessage() you can see the title and type of the update(s). Using AutoUpdate() you can see if a critical update exists (or not), but you can't get any details on the update. But there is no way to see the size or even the URL.

Going forward if we expand GetMessages(), are there other fields you want to see?

Shawn Warren
11-05-2002, 04:52 PM
I can't think of anything besides the size and URL which would be useful to me.

The material marketing the flexibility of the update service (webinar or something) led me to believe that anything that could be done with a UI could also be done silently. So, where ever this is not true, that's what I'd recommend adding.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I can now start kludging a workaround.

Shawn