PDA

View Full Version : My Serialnumber of IS is INVALID?



NewsArchive
08-28-1997, 12:00 AM
Hi Limor,

you cann't use a 32bit-DLL (created with VC++ 4.0) within a 16bit-setup and
vice versa.

With IS5 you have to create a 32bit-DLL (using VC++ 4.x) for a
32bit-installation (Win NT, Win 95) and a 16bit-DLL (using VC++ 1.5x) for a
16bit-installation (Win 3.1x). You CANN'T use the same DLL for both
installation types, but you can write the source code for your DLL in a way
that you can use the same source files for both compilers.

Then you've to include the DLLs in the Setup Files pane under the
corresponding OS/Language.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Hagedorn
Software Development
dSPACE GmbH, Gemany
MailTo:SHagedorn@dspace.de


InstallShield Corp. <raquino@installshield.com> wrote in article
<01bcae48$e848e160$a7c7c5d0@richardaquino.installshield.com>...
> Hi,
> The problem shouldn't be with VC++ 4.0, but with the way UseDLL is being
> called. Since you know the VC++ 1.5 DLL works, as a test, try calling
> UseDLL for that DLL the same way. If that fails, The problem is probably
> that the file cannot be found. If the DLL is only going to be used
during
> installation, include it in the Setup Files pane under a specific
> OS/Language. The DLL will be uncompressed into the temporary SUPPORTDIR
> directory. You call to UseDLL will then be
> UseDLL(SUPPORTDIR^"my.dll");
> --
> Rich
> InstallShield Software Corp.
>
>
> P.S. Our website, http://www.installshield.com/, covers a wide range of
> resources for your installation development. Read technical whitepapers,
> view documentation or search the Knowledge Base to get support
information
> 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
>
>
> limor <limorc@vcon.co.il> wrote in article
> <33fbe2cb.0@news.installshield.com>...
> >
> > Hello !
> >
> > I have the IS5.
> > I created .dll using VC++ 4.0. This .dll includes some funcrions.
> > I tryied to call those external function from my script, but the UseDLL
> > function returns -1.
> > When I used IS3 I had .dll which was written on VC++ 1.5 and was O.K.
> >
> > Please help me !
> >
> >
> >
>

NewsArchive
10-19-1998, 12:00 AM
When trying to download the 2.4 update my serialnumber for IS2.3 is claimed
to be invalid. I mailed this to IS but got no answer. So there are two
questions:

Why is the serial number invalid? I entered it as it is written on the
package.
How do I get the update?

Maybe it is of help if I am going to post my serialnumber here if there is
no answer from IS?

Thank you!

--
-- Please do not respond to my mail adress.
-- I want to discuss this in this newsgroup only.

Bernd Maierhofer - dato Denkwerkzeuge
EDV-Projekte & Consulting

NewsArchive
10-19-1998, 12:00 AM
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:20:41 +0100, "Bernd Maierhofer" <BerndM@dato.at>
wrote:
>When trying to download the 2.4 update my serialnumber for IS2.3 is claimed
>to be invalid. I mailed this to IS but got no answer. So there are two
>questions:

Please email me the serial number. Where did you purchase this copy? Did
you get it from InstallShield Germany?

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-20-1998, 12:00 AM
Prior posting this here, I mailed my problem to IS but got no answer. Yes, I
got it from IS Germany.

Thank you for your response.

--
-- Please do not respond to my mail adress.
-- I want to discuss this in this newsgroup only.

Bernd Maierhofer - dato Denkwerkzeuge
EDV-Projekte & Consulting

InstallShield Software Corporation schrieb in Nachricht
<362bd08c.2729945@news.installshield.com>...
>On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:20:41 +0100, "Bernd Maierhofer" <BerndM@dato.at>
>wrote:
>>When trying to download the 2.4 update my serialnumber for IS2.3 is
claimed
>>to be invalid. I mailed this to IS but got no answer. So there are two
>>questions:
>
>Please email me the serial number. Where did you purchase this copy? Did
>you get it from InstallShield Germany?
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-20-1998, 12:00 AM
I too am having trouble getting the 2.04 update, Stefan. I bought my ISX2.03
Wednesday from InstallShield in the U.S. I registered it on Saturday through
the website. But as of Tuesday, I still am told the serial number is
invalid.

Jonathan

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote in message
<362bd08c.2729945@news.installshield.com>...
>On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:20:41 +0100, "Bernd Maierhofer" <BerndM@dato.at>
>wrote:
>>When trying to download the 2.4 update my serialnumber for IS2.3 is
claimed
>>to be invalid. I mailed this to IS but got no answer. So there are two
>>questions:
>
>Please email me the serial number. Where did you purchase this copy? Did
>you get it from InstallShield Germany?
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-21-1998, 12:00 AM
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:28:46 -0400, "Jonathan M. Bell"
<jmbell@govolsfan.com> wrote:
>I too am having trouble getting the 2.04 update, Stefan. I bought my ISX2.03
>Wednesday from InstallShield in the U.S. I registered it on Saturday through
>the website. But as of Tuesday, I still am told the serial number is
>invalid.

How did you register the serial number? XDPR zero eight? or XDPR oh eight?

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-21-1998, 12:00 AM
As XDPR oh 8, as in PROfessional.

Jonathan

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote in message
<362e3316.40028558@news.installshield.com>...
>On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:28:46 -0400, "Jonathan M. Bell"
><jmbell@govolsfan.com> wrote:
>>I too am having trouble getting the 2.04 update, Stefan. I bought my
ISX2.03
>>Wednesday from InstallShield in the U.S. I registered it on Saturday
through
>>the website. But as of Tuesday, I still am told the serial number is
>>invalid.
>
>How did you register the serial number? XDPR zero eight? or XDPR oh eight?
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-22-1998, 12:00 AM
On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:32:13 -0400, "Jonathan M. Bell"
<jmbell@govolsfan.com> wrote:
>As XDPR oh 8, as in PROfessional.

That is correct then. If you continue having a problem, email
register@installshield.com with your details.

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.