PDA

View Full Version : cd#2 Not working

NormPos
10-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Using InstallShield Express 2.1

Our application requires two CD's, created by IS Express 2.1. These CD's install successfully on a wide variety of U.S. and foreign Windows OS's.

On just ONE machine running Win 2000, the first CD goes in apparently OK, but the second one just sits there and does nothing. Yet, it can be "looked at" with Explorer.

What peculiarity of Windows 2000 (happening to just this one machine) might possibly be causing this? I can carry those two CD's over to another Win 2000 machine, and they install just fine.

This happens in-house. If it ever happened at a customer's site, it would be quite disturbing.

Please help -- Norm

NormPos
10-28-2002, 11:03 AM
More info:
The installation runs smoothly if I run it from the two CD image folders created by InstallShield. It stalls at CD 2 if I attempt installation from the CD's, but only on this one machine!

Therefore, It seems that there is something peculiar about this specific CD drive, and how it communciates with the InstallShield script. At the end of CD#1, I presume InstallShield tells the machine to expect CD#2, and this part of it is not "getting through" for some reason.
-- Norm

NormPos
11-05-2002, 06:45 PM
More information:
When the process stalls at CD#2, Task Manager reports that something called "_inz0432._mp" (under "NTVDM.EXE") is taking 99% of the CPU.

Is this an InstallShield file? Please help. -- Norm