PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

boschma1
10-03-2002, 10:00 AM
After the "successful" installation of a program, the doubleclick on its corresponding icon brings up a message box:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C\programme\..\winchchecker.exe

abnormal program termination

how do i proceed with resolution of this error? i scanned the sources of the vb project several times with my isx using dynamic and static scans. i use isx 3.5 sp4.

can someone help me?

cheers,
markus

Chandima
10-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Is the Microsoft C++ Runtime merge module added to your projct? If so is it by any chance the 7.0 module?

boschma1
10-04-2002, 03:21 AM
dear Chandima,

as you can see in my log file there is no Microsoft C++ Runtime 7.0 included.

Merging modules...
Merging Microsoft Component Category Manager Library: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\COMCAT.MSM
Merging CMDialog ActiveX Control DLL: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\COMDLG32.MSM
Merging Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DLL: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\MSCOMCTL.MSM
Merging MSComm: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\MSCOMM32.MSM
Merging Visual Basic Virtual Machine: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\MSVBVM60.MSM
Merging Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\MSVCRT.MSM
Merging Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT(TM) and Windows 95(TM) Operating Systems: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express\Modules\i386\OLEAUT32.MSM

i tried it again by adding this Microsoft C++ Runtime 7.0 module but same error appears again.

i have to admit that this buig only appears on a german windows 2000 installation. using w2k english it works fine.

is there a buggy module around? or is the runtime library language sensitive?

cheers,
markus

boschma1
10-04-2002, 07:46 AM
ok, no i found it myself...
it was an entry in an ini-file that was set statically to c:\program files instead of [ProgramFilesFolder]
now, it works fine.
<:-)

Cheers,
markus