PDA

View Full Version : Warning Message -4354

mathprof
09-24-2002, 07:50 PM
** Warning: -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msjet40.dll in component msjet40.dll. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

I get this warning during Build AND a message box pops up using setup.exe during install on several machines that the file msjet40.dll is "windows protected."

What does all this mean?

Thanks,

Prof Weissman

Chandima
09-25-2002, 05:55 PM
What version of Express are you using. This file is part of the Jet database and the best way to install it would be using the microsoft redist. If you are using Express 3.x you can download the Jet 4.0 merge module from the installshield website, remove this file from your project, rebuild and install.

The "File Protection" thing is new since Windows 2000 and it's to make sure core system files are not updated (to keep the OS from being corrupted). The Jet redists from microsoft (which the merge module uses) knows how to work around this.

mathprof
09-25-2002, 06:10 PM
Hi,
Thanks. I removed the file and added the Jet40 merge module. I don't get the error any more.
Prof Weissman