PDA

View Full Version : Error 2708: No entries found in the file table.



Kyra69
07-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Looking for a little help on an odd problem. I upgrade a project from 2.03 to 7.02. When it was in 2.03 it worked fine now I get the folloing error.

Error 2708 internal error

in the log file it is..

Error 2708: No entries found in the file table.

can any one point me in the right direction.

Kyra Fontaine

luke_s
08-01-2002, 01:31 AM
When you upgrade, have a look at you upgraded components to check that files are actually included in you install.

When your project has built, open the *.msi with install shield, and check if the file table is empty. This will problably mean that something has gone wrong in your upgrade of Install Shield.
Also, try a validate, under the build menu, this might give you some clues as to were your problem is coming from.

I had similar problems with upgrading to this, in that all of my install sequence condition were removed so my install would not run all of its actions properly. I had to re-enter all of them manually again.

Kyra69
08-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Thank for the suggestion it did get me going in the right direction.

The actually solution required me to remove each feature from the installer 1 at a time till I found the one that was having the problem. The files were in the file table but when I deleted the feature and recreated it everything worked fine.

Thank you again.

Kyra

Jane D
09-20-2002, 05:53 PM
I got this error, too. For me it turned out to be a component in the DuplicateFile table that did not exist. File_ column contained an older component identifier.

I'm posting this because it took me a while to figure out that the error message 2708 was not what was REALLy wrong.

Jane

Glytzhkof
07-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post that Jane D. This solved the issue on my end too.

Christopher Painter
05-17-2007, 11:11 AM
LOL, it's 2007 and this old thread just helped me also!

Somehow I had a Duplicate file entry where source and dest were the same filename. Later I moved the source file from one component to a new component of it's own ( major upgrade time ). IS changed the source column to `NoFile` which doesn't exist in the File table so 2708 is what we get.

Wierd...

obrion
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
This post just helped me as well.

I just moved all the components under a feature of our product into a merge module, then associated the merge module to the feature. When the components were moved to the merge module (using the export components wizard) the DuplicateFile table entry for one of the components ended up losing the file reference in the File_ column of the DuplicateFile table. Re-selecting the new file reference for the file in the merge module corrected the problem.

Bitzkrieg
09-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Got the same issue too in DuplicateFile table.

I'm glad I saw this post.

Thanks!

-Bit