PDA

View Full Version : Creating an Uninstall Shortcut

ctucker
07-31-2002, 12:21 PM
Something is terribly wrong either with me or with the Help instructions for creating an Uninstall shortcut.

The Help instructions say to (1) navigate to the Shortcuts/Folders view -- that's OK. (2) Right click on Program Files folder BUT there IS NO such folder! However, I can right click on the folder that holds my other shortcuts and then select New Shortcut as described in Help. At this point Help says to press F2 and rename the shortcut. HOWEVER, I can't do this because upon selecting New Shortcut I immediately get a "Brouse for Shortcut Target" dialog box, and it won't let me out until a target is selected.

Help next advises me to go to the Feature property. I can't find a Feature property anywhere - nor do I find any item called Feature.

So, I am completely puzzled by this "Help" feature that offers absolutely no help. I hope someone out there can offer some real help in this area. :confused:

Chandima
07-31-2002, 01:38 PM
I must apologize for this confusion. This is a bug in the help file. The behavior of the Shortcuts View was heavily updated in Express 3.54 and unfortunately we missed updating this particular help file. I created Work Order 1-A5EY4 to address this issue.

In the meantime try the following:

1. Right click on "Programs Menu" and select "New Shortcut to pre-existsing file".
2. In the resulting dialog select the [SystemFolder]
3. In the Filename property of that dialog, type Msiexec.exe
4. Close the dialog
5. Now in the Arguments property specify the Product Code as metioned in the help file.

ctucker
07-31-2002, 02:04 PM
Thanks, that works great.