Thread: error 25000

Kornel Bernath Guest

Angry error 25000

I created an install disk with express 3.53 of a program written in vb6, access97 and crystal report 7.

when I tried to install the program into my win98 computer I get this error:

Internal error 25000, Application installation can not continue. Required component, MDAC 2.52, required internet explorer version later than 4.01 sp2

What does this mean?

help

Kornel

jsheets Guest

Cool Error 25000

Your install is trying to install components to you destination computer that require mdac2.5 and ie4.01sp2. You can resolve this by adding the mdac2.5mm(which I do not recommend). Or you can download mdac2.5 from microsoft's mdac web site MDAC Homepage . Then you can launch a custom action to call the mdac exe and install the compenents needed for you install to work. I recommend running this custom exe before you start copying the files for you vb exe to the target machine. Also, the mdac install may prompt you for a reeboot. Installshield should pick-up where you left off when the pc boots back up.
    It sounds like your target machine does not have ie4.01 installed, you will have to download a newer version of ie from microsoft before you install mdac2.5. At least 4.01sp2. IE Downloads . Let me know if this helps.