Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AdminStudio for Symantec: help, where's WiseScript etc.?

AdminStudio for Symantec: help, where's WiseScript etc.?

Hi all,

I just purchased AdminStudio for Symantec Standard. I received a PDF file with a serial number that I had to register on Symantec's Licensing portal. Which I did. Then I got a download link from Symantec which pointed to a readme file. That readme file contained a link to the actual software location: https://installshield.subscribenet.com... So I downloaded that software. Turns out I have downloaded AdminStudio 11.0. Nice, but I don't find any trace of the "...for Symantec"-part. For example: WiseScript.

Help!

Thanks!

The WiseScript piece is not yet ready. But it will happen in the not too distant future (sorry, but I have no knowledge of any specific timeframe.)
    Evan Border
    Senior Consultant
    Flexera Software

WiseScript Package Editor is available

The WiseScript Package Editor is now available for customers of AdminStudio for Symantec 11.0 and newer.
    Evan Border
    Senior Consultant
    Flexera Software

and we download it at ... ?

the AdminStudio11.exe at fileconnect.symantec.com will have it included?
    Last edited by Mistral; 08-23-2012 at 09:13 AM.

I'm not sure on the official procedure in this case (being that it is an OEM special add-in), but typically you would log into the Flexera Software Product and Licensing Center:
    https://flexerasoftware.subscribenet.com/

Somebody in your company (whoever dealt with acquiring the licenses) will have the login details for your account. When you log in you will see your entitlements and there will be download links for your software.

But in this case it is possible that the WiseScript Package Editor download is being hosted at fileconnect.symantec.com (right now all that I know is that the release was made available on Friday and I see it in our releases share on our network)

the AdminStudio11.exe at fileconnect.symantec.com does NOT have WiseScript included. The WiseScript Package Editor is a separate download. It is named WiseScript Package Editor.msi and is 17.3 MB with a digital signature of August 8, 2012.

Once you install the .msi you will see the WiseScript Package Editor shortcut in the Start Menu under All Programs > AdminStudio > AdminStudio 11.x Tools > WiseScript Package Editor.

You must have AdminStudio 11.0 or newer in order to install it and you must be licensed for AdminStudio for Symantec in order to launch the tool. If you are not licensed for AdminStudio for Symantec, launching the WiseScript Package Editor results in the following error message: "This feature requires a higher edition of AdminStudio."

I will reach out to others within Flexera Software and see about getting information on the official procedure for obtaining the WiseScript Package Editor.
    Last edited by Evan Border; 08-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Evan Border
    Senior Consultant
    Flexera Software

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast