Thread: InstallShield 12 Windows Server 2008 Support

InstallShield 12 Windows Server 2008 Support

Dear All,

For some particular reasons, my InstallScript project checks the Operating System where the installation is being run. I use the SYSINFO structure to do so (i.e. SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinServer2003).

Now that I need to support Windows Server 2008, how do I get the SYSINFO.WINNT.bWin7_Server2008R2 structure? Is there a SP or patch for InstallShield 12 or should I migrate the project to InstallShield 2010?

Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Mickey

Dear All,

Further to my post, i have found a solution to the problem. Apparently, both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 are both sharing the structure SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinVista, to distinguish, SYSINFO.nOSProductType = VER_NT_WORKSTATION will be true for Windows Vista, otherwise the system is Windows Server 2008.

If there's any better solution around, kindly let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Dear All,

For some particular reasons, my InstallScript project checks the Operating System where the installation is being run. I use the SYSINFO structure to do so (i.e. SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinServer2003).

Now that I need to support Windows Server 2008, how do I get the SYSINFO.WINNT.bWin7_Server2008R2 structure? Is there a SP or patch for InstallShield 12 or should I migrate the project to InstallShield 2010?

Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Mickey