Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file

I'm receiving an error when trying to uninstall after an update:

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\[ProductName].msi

This is on Vista x86 SP1.

From some searching I've done, I've tried mulitple things...uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs and then also using the .exe via the Maintenance dialog to remove the product. I have not changed the name of the product in between these updates.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this issue? I'd be happy to give any additional information if someone could assist me. Thanks!

Does the msi exist at that location before you uninstall?
    Mark Rainey
    Intuit Real Estate Solutions

Also, did you rename the MSI at any point? I know that can provoke an error 1316...

Quote Originally Posted by rasky74 View Post
    Does the msi exist at that location before you uninstall?
    No, the MSI is not in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Sairen View Post
    Also, did you rename the MSI at any point? I know that can provoke an error 1316...
    Yes, I did at one point, but not between the two MSIs that I am trying to update. The name of MSI in version 1 is the same as the name of the MSI in version 2.

same error with the JRE

I'm having a similar error attempting to install JAVA Runtime Environment 1.6.0_13. It has installed successfully on over 60 workstations, but I'm seeing this error on about 10% of my clients:
    Code:
    MSI (s) (74:9C) [11:11:28:296]: Product: Java(TM) 6 Update 13 -- Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_13\jre1.6.0_13-c.msi
    Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_13\jre1.6.0_13-c.msi
    Below is my command line:
    Code:
    jre.exe /s ADDLOCAL=ALL MOZILLA=1 IEXPLORER=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 /L %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\CCM\Logs\jre1.6.0_13.log
    I did indeed rename the installation file, but as you can see it's an .exe, not an .msi. I see many hits on Google for similar errors, but each one seems product-specific. Is anyone aware of a solution for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast