Thread: What is SxsInstallCA? Why does it call one of my InstallScript Functions

What is SxsInstallCA? Why does it call one of my InstallScript Functions

Hello,

I have created a Basic MSI setup script with InstallShield 2008. I have inserted a custom InstallScript action called CreatePrismINI and made it execute after the WriteIniValues action.

The problem is that CreatePrismINI gets called by an action called SxsInstallCA a long time before any files are installed. This is completely unexpected.

What is SxsInstallCA?

Why is my custom installscript action getting called way ahead of time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rob.wheadon View Post
    Hello,

I have created a Basic MSI setup script with InstallShield 2008. I have inserted a custom InstallScript action called CreatePrismINI and made it execute after the WriteIniValues action.

The problem is that CreatePrismINI gets called by an action called SxsInstallCA a long time before any files are installed. This is completely unexpected.

What is SxsInstallCA?

Why is my custom installscript action getting called way ahead of time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert
    This CA install's side-by-side components, I see it coming up if I choose to install the MSXML 4.20 merge modules.

reg, Henno

Thanks for that. I figured out why my code was excecuted after SxsInstallCA, it's because I set In-Script Execution to "Immediate Execution". When I set it to deferred Execution, it runs when I expect.