Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1033dotnetredist.exe and 1033dotnetredistsp1.exe download location

1033dotnetredist.exe and 1033dotnetredistsp1.exe download location

Hi,
    I am trying to download 1033dotnetredist.exe and 1033dotnetredistsp1.exe to set up NET 1.1 install. I am not able to use the installshield redistribuatble downloader. Can any body plase point me to the location where these files are available - I could then download them manually. Else if somebody has these files would you be able to eamil them to me?

This problem is turning out to be quite a hassle. I have also checked in a bug with Installshield, but no response so far.

It is such a simple thing and I am having extraordianry problems to include thse files in my setup.
    Thanks,
    CACUSer

MichaelU is offline InstallShield Software Engineer
    You can find the redistributables for .NET 1.1 at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads by searching for dot net framework. I believe their filenames are dotnetfx.exe and NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe (with other versions for Windows 2003 Server systems).

What problems are preventing you from using the built-in support? If it's something we can address in a future version of InstallShield, I'd like to look into doing so.
    Michael Urman - Staff Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

Problems with using Redistributable downloader and .net 1.1 and 2.0

I am using FlexNet 11.5 Premier. I try to include NET 1.1 from the release wizard. When I included it I got a message saying I need the redistribtables and that I should download them using the Redistributable Downloader. When I launch that the check box with the text "Download the latest Installshield redis.............." is checked but greyed out. The next button is active. On cliking the next button I get the message that there are no redistributables to download at this time. So essentially I cannot build a release from the release wizard, unless I get the .NEt installer from the web. which we cannot do for our product. I got around this problem by actually downloading the files you mentioned and renaming them.

My other issue is that I would like to include both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 redistribuatbles to the setup. Which as you know cannot be done from the release wizard, As I can only select one version of the framework. So after loking at some postings here I created a prerequiste with the above files for NET 1.1 and added NET 2.0 in the release wizard. this is a clumsy way of doing things. When I add the .NET 1.1 redistributables to the prq file the project build ok, but the .NET 1.1 setup fails.

Could you please tell me how best to add .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 to the install? My project is Installscript MSi.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
    CACUSer

MichaelU is offline InstallShield Software Engineer
    The first part is decidedly odd. If the checkbox is disabled, that means you don't have any list, so it needs to download the list. Unless your internet connection is denying it, this download should work (it works for me). You can try to retrieve it from http://saturn.installshield.com/ISRe...Downloader.ini and place it next to ISRedistDownloader.exe in the InstallShield System folder, although if it can't download the list, it may well not be able to download any redistributables.

As far as including multiple versions of .NET, we don't have a good story for that yet. I would suggest what you're doing now - make one or both into prerequisites and deploy them that way. InstallShield 12 has several prerequisite enhancements which increase your control in such a scenario, but if you don't have strict behavior requirements, 11.5 will do the job.

At this point our plan is to retire the separate .NET downloader support and implement it with prerequisites, but that's still a little ways off.
    Michael Urman - Staff Software Engineer - Flexera Software: InstallShield Team

I am having the same problem. The option is greyed out. I was able to check the spanish version of .net 1.1 redistributable and it downloaded just fine. Then I expected it to be in my redistributable list and its not there.

I am not trying to deploy both .net 1.1 and 2.0. I cant get .NET 1.1 do showup as a redistributable.

Please help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast