Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error Code -6006

Error Code -6006

When I run my installation exe created by InstallShield 10.5 on a Windows XP SP2 box, I immediately get an error box with "Setup has experienced an error" with error code is -6006. If I try running the setup again, nothing happens. If I reboot the computer, the error message reappears.

Any ideas? I can't find any reference to this error.

Error code -6006

I don't know if this will help the original poster, but on a PC I was just working on, this error was caused by the installer not being able to write to the desired location on the hd - ...\LocalSettings\Temp was hidden and read-only, for some reason. I'm not sure what that indicates, but the error was removed once the permissions on that folder were reset.

Lynn.

Quote Originally Posted by gmholler
    I don't know if this will help the original poster, but on a PC I was just working on, this error was caused by the installer not being able to write to the desired location on the hd - ...\LocalSettings\Temp was hidden and read-only, for some reason. I'm not sure what that indicates, but the error was removed once the permissions on that folder were reset.

Lynn.

How do you change permissions? I have tried to no avail.

Installshield Error: -6006

Thanks for this information.
    I had my customer change priviliges to Localsettings\TEMP, but he is still gettting the same error message.
    It seemed to be a pretty simple operation but maybe I've missed something?
    regards,

Installshield Error -6006 (Avaya Phone System)

Hi Guys
    This is a bit of a catchall error on numerous types of programs ....

In my case, I had one PC out of 50 that refused to install.

I was on my way to rename \Program Files\Common Files\Installshield\Professional\Runtime\IsProBE.tlb to something else (as suggested elewhere) when I found that there were no owners etc of the above Runtime directory.

I added myself (as an administrator) and suitable permissions and that was it. Successful install.
    (I had also completed a chkdsk just prior to that that found errors, but that was not enough on its own).

Pity about the hours wasted with a vague message and vague suggestions.

Hope this helps some of the 18,000 viewers - on this site alone - presumably with this problem
    Don
    Last edited by donpin; 08-24-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast