Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 20

Thread: Error 1606.Could not access network location 91SystemFolder93. or 91WindowsFolder93

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Coventry,United Kingdom.
    Posts
    19

    Error 1606.Could not access network location 91SystemFolder93. or 91WindowsFolder93

    Hi Guys,

    It seems that you are not the only one having this issue with Dev Studio 9, We are facing the same problem but with a minor difference that it is :

    Action start 16:09:39: CostFinalize.
    Error 1606.Could not access network location 91SystemFolder93.

    This happens when we make a component's exe file the key file , that exe contains a NT Service. When the exe is not made the key file, Setup runs fine but fails to register the Service. However when the exe is made the key file, the Error 1606 comes up.

    We also checked the Dev Studio 9 XML based ism file for 91 or 93 or anything before or after SystemFolder but cant find anything like 91 or 93. infact what was there is something like :

    <td>SystemFolder</td>

    which are tags from HTML/XML

    Since the ism file structure has changed in Dev Studio 9, i have a feeling that this might be comming from the XML parsing of the ism file as everything gets storted there. But later we converted the xml project file to binary and noticed that the probelm still exists.

    We created a setup in InstallShield Developer 8 SP2 and it was tested on a clean box and it was working ok, then the setup was
    upgraded and the same probelm occured. We even tried creating a new setup with InstallShield Dev Studio 9 and the same problem is happening.

    We also checked the tables refered by CostFinalize and they seems to contain the correct values, Then we decided to attempt to debug the msi file ( Using MSI Debugger inegrated in Dev Studio9 ) created by the Setup and noticed that the Dev Studio 9 crashed.

    Our Build info of InstallShield is as under

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    InstallShield (R) DevStudio Script Compiler
    Version 9.0.0.333
    Copyright (C) 1990-2003 InstallShield Software Corporation
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Any info on this will be a great help,

    thanks

    Syed

    Attachment: installshieldsetupverboseoutput.txt
    This has been downloaded 2 time(s).


    __________________
    Syed M. Alam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Syed M. Alam

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,529
    Some additional information (a summary from this thread):

    This problem has been reported by two users (jamali and Neoptec). Both use the InstallScript MSI project type.

    Neoptec's project file is in XML format from the start, jamali's was initially XML and later changed to binary. The error occurred in both formats.

    The error seems to occur during CostFinalize (i.e. directory resolution).

    91 and 93 are the ascii codes for '[' and ']' so we suspect a problem in the way these directory identifiers are stored in the project.

    Neoptec found this in his Property table:
    Property = DIRPROPERTY1
    Value = 91WindowsFolder93
    He says that changing the value to [WindowsFolder] did NOT fix the problem.
    (Remark: you cannot use properties in the Property table so this looks wrong to me anyway)

    For the records: myself haven't been able to reproduce the problem so far.
    Stefan Krüger Microsoft Windows Installer MVP
    InstallSite.org | Stefan's Blog



    Please post your questions in the forum

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Coventry,United Kingdom.
    Posts
    19

    DIRProperty1

    I just got Orca and can now verify that my msi has the same
    DirProperty1 as observed by Neoptec.
    Its just that in my case it contains a value 91SystemFolder93,

    this DirProperty1 has been observed in the following tables
    Component
    CreateFolder
    Directory
    Property

    Still cant workout how come it got added to my project, in the original version from 8 there was no such thing, Also How come my self and Neoptec are observing the same problem related to
    same DirProperty1 .. ?

    Also using Orca when i droped all the rows containg dirProperty in the tables mentioned above, the setup did not gave the same error but crashed with

    Error Number : Ox80040707

    but that may be due to CRC

    Hope this help, I will also change the date & time of my PC ( Also the PC itseld) and will retry to upgrade the old Developer 8 Project and verify if the same thing happens again



    The Zip file contains the screen shots from Orca


    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Syed M. Alam

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,529
    I would like to know what this component with name (!) _AC18485... is. Can you look up its GUID and search for it? Which files, registry entries, custom actions, conditions, ... is it related to. Maybe whatever added the component has a bug (could be a merge module for instance)
    Stefan Krüger Microsoft Windows Installer MVP
    InstallSite.org | Stefan's Blog



    Please post your questions in the forum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Montpellier, France
    Posts
    176
    It is component: _F8585C578019440E9DC5C0CAC8C5D4CC which is related to an added component by Devstudio when I build my project.

    It's adding me twain_32.dll to _F8585C578019440E9DC5C0CAC8C5D4CC component.

    It's my main .exe file which add it in dependency checker.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •