Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uninstall dialog

Uninstall dialog

Hi everyone!
    I have a question: I would like to change the text in the dialog displayed during the uninstallation process. But I don't want to change the same text in the dialog displayed during the installation process. For example, I need that the text (and the caption) in the dialog that display the state of installation process should be different from the text of the dialog that display the state of the uninstallation process.
    Is this possible?
    Sorry for my english.
    Thankx

Have you tried putting a condition on the text control? To only display during an uninstall use the condition REMOVE="ALL", first time install "Not Installed"...you can then use these to hide the controls at the appropriate part of your install. Check out the conditions tab under behaviour in the Dialog view.

I can't find the conditions tab. Can you help me?

Within the dialog view select a dialog then click on behavior. At the bottom right hand side of the screen you will find events, subscriptions and conditions.

I think you are speaking of Basic MSI project while I am working with an InstallScript MSI Project. Sorry if I didn't say it early.
    Is it possible to do the same with an InstallScript Project?
    Thankx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast