Thread: invalid LOC header (bad signature)

invalid LOC header (bad signature)

Hi there,

I have a strange problem. I have an installer built with ISMP 4.53 which is being used on a Chinese system with Windows 2000. The installer was built with Locale as Default Locale in the Distribution tab of ISMP IDE.

Now the problem is: After specifying the installation directory and clicking Next >, a screen with title "Please read the following:" and with text "Important Information" is displayed and no other information is shown on the screen. And in this screen Next > button is disabled. Now if I click < Back and come to the Destination Panel and click Next >, this blank screen doesn't show up again and continues with the next screen. Later while copying the files some of the zip files which are bundled into the installer are not copied. And any other files that should be copied after these zip files are also not copied and even the installer hangs later while creating the uninstaller. I have to kill the installation process manually from the Task Manager.

I tried all sort of -is:log, -is:tempdir, etc. options but couldn't succeed. I tried with JREs 1.3.1_03 and 1.4.0_01 thinking that it could be a problem with the JRE. But the problem still exists.

Can anybody please help me in this regard? This is happening at a customer place and it is very urgent. Does this have anything to do with the locale settings of the system? I thought the installer could be corrupted and so even gave the customer a new EXE but no luck.

The following is the error log that is created.

(2003-1-10 12:22:23), Setup.product.install, com.installshield.product.wizardbeans.InstallCheckPanel, err, java.lang.InternalError: jzentry == 0,
    jzfile = 176679576,
    total = 4883,
    name = C:\DOCUME~1\JUNZHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\LRE11.tmp\setup.jar,
    i = 3765,
    message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)
    STACK_TRACE: 29
    java.lang.InternalError: jzentry == 0,
    jzfile = 176679576,
    total = 4883,
    name = C:\DOCUME~1\JUNZHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\LRE11.tmp\setup.jar,
    i = 3765,
    message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile$2.nextElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.archive.ArchiveReader.entries(ArchiveReader.java:69)
    at com.installshield.product.actions.UninstallerArchive.getRequiredBytes(UninstallerArchive.java:674)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.RequiredBytes.getUninstallerSize(RequiredBytes.java:202)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.RequiredBytes.visitSoftwareObject(RequiredBytes.java:85)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBean(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:171)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:122)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.RequiredBytes.getEstimatedRequiredBytes(RequiredBytes.java:56)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$DiskSpaceCheck.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3924)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.executeCheck(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3241)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.executeChecks(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3273)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(LocalImplementorProxy.java:52)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(AbstractService.java:51)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.executeChecks(GenericProductService.java:287)
    at com.installshield.product.wizardbeans.InstallCheckPanel.queryEnter(InstallCheckPanel.java:107)
    at com.installshield.wizard.awt.AWTWizardUI.currentBeanChanged(AWTWizardUI.java:1263)
    at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(StandardWizardListener.java:78)
    at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wizard.java:1535)

(2003-1-10 12:24:01), Setup.product.install, com.installshield.product.actions.Files, err, java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid distance code
    STACK_TRACE: 19
    java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid distance code
    at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.util.ZipInputStreamWrapper.read(ZipUtils.java:146)
    at com.installshield.archive.index.ISInflaterInputStream.fill(CompressedURLConnection.java:228)
    at com.installshield.archive.index.ISInflaterInputStream.read(CompressedURLConnection.java:140)
    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copy(Files.java:700)
    at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copyFileWithFileService(Files.java:737)
    at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.install(Files.java:378)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1734)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4963)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:371)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:335)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:135)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4355)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3590)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:40)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks & Regards,
    Ramana.
    Kaza V. Ramana
    Cordys R&D

Hi

Were you able to find the solution of the above mentioned problem.I am also having the prob but with InstallAnywhere.

Whenever I execute my installer (which is packaged thr IA) the very first time,I run in the following exception -
    invalid LOC header (bad signature)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile$2.nextElement(ZipFile.java(Compiled Code))

But whenever i start my installation the second time it works fine.Seems its not expanding the zip file properly .

Sorry Khayati. I don't remember it now. It had been 4 years since I stopped working with InstallShield.
    Kaza V. Ramana
    Cordys R&D