Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Insert a radio button into an already existing radio button group?

Samprasad Guest

How to Insert a radio button into an already existing radio button group?

My project is a basic MSI on Dev 7.03. I have a radio button group in one of the dialogs which has 5 radio buttons. I want to add a sixth button to this group. How do i do this? If I drag a radio button into the group, it stands as a separate radio button...

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks
    Sam

Unhappy

I am having the same problem. Hopefully the answer will come and we both get this fixed.

Talking

Not sure if this is the "right way" to do this, but I was having a situation where I would add a radio button and then the next time I looked, the button was gone. Here are the steps I followed to make the button stay and function!

I spaced out the existing radio buttons to make room for my new one.

I then used DIRECT EDIT mode to add an entry into the RadioButton table. The entry matched the existing radio button entries except the ORDER and TOP and VALUE settings were unique.

I then went back to the dialog editor and I had to move focus to another dialog and come back. My radio button was on the dialog now. I could then finish moving it to where I wanted graphically.

Hope that helps. I guess stumbling around paid off this time.

If you find a better way I would love to know it. This seem a little odd to me.

Hi, I am new to InstallShield as well. But I think you need to delete the Radio Button group first (the box around your radio buttons). The you will be allowed to add as many radio buttons as you would like. After you are satisified then add the group box again. Also the ORDER propertry is important make sure that the values are what you would expect them to be. I hope this helps. Andy

Samprasad Guest
    I think there is something funky going on with this RadioButtonGroup when its done from the GUI. When a new radio button is added to the radio button group, it shows as if its a separate entity, but if u switch to some other dialog and return back to the dialog where you just added the radio button, it shows the newly added radio button under the same group. Not a big deal, just add the radio button and switch to some other dialog and return back. Magic..Magic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast