PDA

View Full Version : Permanent/Never Overwrite Don't take (version 3.5 sp 4)

Proud_Canadian
06-24-2002, 12:34 PM
I am using Installshield Express Version 3.5 Service Pack 4.

I upgraded my .ism files and I used to use version 3.5 (no service pack).

Our install includes a file with the .dat extension. We would like this file to always stay on the user's machine, even after they uninstall the software. We also do not want this file to be overwritten if it is already there (the same name file).

In the past this never worked properly so I tried upgrading to the newest service pack and now I find that I cannot even set these attributes. If I right click on the file and check off the permanent and never overwrite checkboxes, I click apply, but if I go back in the settings are not kept. The boxes are unchecked again. I tried going in a few times and it would not stick. This worked in all the other versions of Installshield Express I had in the past.

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I shouldn't have to spend a day or two after upgrading my version of installshield, double checking everything still works that used to work. I don't have that kind of time. A big company like Installshield, should have a QA department finding bugs like this before a release.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.:(

Chandima
06-24-2002, 02:34 PM
Does this happen with a project created freshly in 3.54? I can't reproduce this. Could you look in the System folder of InstallShiled Express and tell me what version of the following two files do you have:

IsWsAppFiles.ocx
FrmWrkLib.dll

If this happens only projects that are upgraded, could you send me you original 3.53 (or before) project to chandimar@installshield.com so that I can take a look? Thanks.