View Full Version : Error 1608 with V7.03!
05-08-2002, 10:19 AM
One of our consultants has just tried to install the latest build of our software. She has not previously installed a version built with ISDev 7. Other consultants have successfully installed. All installations are on Windows 2000. I thought that this problem was supposed to be fixed in 7.03.
The error that she gets is:
1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance.
Return code: -2147221164
The return code appears to be 'Class not registered'.
I have tried running ISScript.msi, but that hasn't worked.
05-08-2002, 03:08 PM
Developer 7.03 has resolved this error message in well over 95% of the cases. Can you please let us know what date your copy of "ISScript.msi" was created? I just want to ensure you have the latest version.
05-08-2002, 03:46 PM
I think IDriver.exe did not get registered for some reason. I know that you'll get that error if we cannot open this registry key:
Does that key exist on your system? I'm guessing that it doesn't.
Could you log the installation of isscript.msi for me? Use this command line:
msiexec /i c:\mydisk1\isscript.msi /l*v c:\mylogfolder\me.log
Then, attach the log (zipped) to your response. Hopefully, that'll let us know what is failing.
As a temporary workaround, you can manually register IDriver.exe with the /regserver command line parameter.
05-09-2002, 03:01 AM
I have e-mailed the log file to you. The registry key that you referred to didn't exist on that PC and running IDriver.exe /regserver worked.
05-13-2002, 06:03 AM
Any luck with diagnosing this problem? I am worried that this problem could occur on our clients PCs when we start distributing the software.
06-26-2002, 03:19 PM
I thought too that the problem was solved. Doesn't seems to be.
This is the steps:
1. All our machines will be logged into the domain usally with administrative privilages locally. When in this case, if we install the software it works fine.
2. But if we log in to administrator account and local (not to the domain), then try to launch the setup it fails with same message.
3. We got around that, by adding INTERACTIVE to the Access Permissions in the Default COM Security in the Dcomcnfg.
4. Then you get into another problem, STRING TABLE NOT FOUND or some thing.
5. That problem was solved by going to the InstallShield InstallDriver String table, properties and set the security properties to customise for access, launch and all other.
6. Yes, we would also be interested in solution to this problem.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.